Thursday, September 24, 2009

Eating real food

Why oh why must Janel start another blog?

My goal is to put together a spot that chronicles my adventures trying to have more fun for less money with people i really like, and for other's (friends, followers, whoever) to also help supply ideas and feedback about places to go, people to see and things to do. Ideally my focus will revolve somewhat around all the odd things i like to do, i.e. hang out with chickens, eat out a lot, ride my bike, drink beer, create random things out of whatever comes to mind, etc., etc., etc. That being said, i'm open to other things too.

With this in mind i was trying to start the blog with a dinner party I had on Saturday the 20th. The party was a potluck, but all the items had to be homemade -no store bought food. I have news for you. This is an excellent way to get fed well if your friends are decent cooks. Apparently all of my friends are really good cooks because the food rocked. Please be sure to ask Chris about his vegetarian jamaican "adult-style" shepherd's pie. A total hit, including the coconut mashed potatoes-who would imagine this would taste good?

If you're not a cook your other option was to bring alcohol, so it's fair to say that nobody at this party was suffering from hunger or thirst. i think the following link will get you to photos taken by Lupe, but I'm not tottally sure this is true. I promise to learn how to post things better. http://www.flickr.com/photos/37344445@N07/sets/72157622300549911/

Anyway, i'm thinking that his was pretty easy and am considering a Dia De Los Muertos dessert and drinks party. Interested? let me know

6 comments:

  1. I was born on Dia de los Muertos (Nov 2), not the 12th of every month, as Facebook unabashedly
    lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was my comment, Andrew. Look what this
    satanic computer named me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me Ziz for short. -Pejack

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the pic link might work this time... Check it out http://www.flickr.com/groups/1217209@N20/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't figure this pic site out... so here we go again, maybe this will work :(
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1217209@N20/pool/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try this...thinly sliced (on a mandolin if you have one) beets, zuccini,carrots with sliced tomatoes and leaf spinach and basil all layered together with "faux ricotta" = (pine nuts dash of lemon, pinch of salt and baking soda or 2Tbs yeast puried while it reacts)...heat in a 120 degree, vented oven and serve warm with a good merlot. Happy eating and healthy living-Theresa B

    ReplyDelete